Monday, November 08, 2010

Maybe it's time for a "Creativity Bootcamp"
I went to a crop this past weekend and was feeling so blocked creatively. It was unbelievable how long it took me to finish anything. Instead of being sucked into this sense of being overwhelmed and creatively stuck, I took a few small projects and didn't let myself get caught up in how much I accomplished in the day. I thought whatever I can do, I will do and I will be happy with that.

Knowing how tough it was for me to feel creative this weekend, my wonderful husband sent me a link from the woman who wrote the book The Happiness Project. The link he sent me is all about putting yourself in a creativity bootcamp and doing your "craft" (whether it's writing, or knitting or scrapbooking) everyday for a full 30 days. I thought it was very inspiring and what a great idea! You can read more about it here: http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2010/10/put-yourself-in-creativity-boot-camp.html

Have you ever done a creativity bootcamp? Let me know if you have or if you're interested in doing one!


No comments: