Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mistletoe Christmas cards
I want to show you the first design of my Christmas cards this year. I love the packages from Close To My Heart that come with 4 different paper designs for a total of 12 sheets (12" by 12") and matching ribbon. It makes it so easy to do bulk cards which is incredibly handy at this time of the year. Plus, what I love about it is that the package only costs $9.25 and I can make 30-40 cards including ribbon! For those math wiz-kids out there, that's about $0.23-$0.30 per card! Great deal, right?

Plus what I did to spice up this card a bit is use 3-D dots for the green ornament on the right side of the card. I also added pearls to the card for extra bling!

Want to check out this paper and ribbon package? It's on page 88 of the Winter Idea Book. It's call the Creative Basics Mistletoe Collection. The stamp set I used is on page 47 and is called Holiday Trinkets.

Want to know a little secret? I used this same stamp set last year. Shhh! Don't tell anyone my secret, ok? It's how I have learned to stretch my dollar! But I'm guessing anyone of my friends who got a card last year won't guess it's the same stamp set because I used a totally different set of colours and patterned paper. That's how Close To My Heart helps keeps things fresh! Love it!

No comments: