Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Timberline Ranch

This past weekend I went to Timberline Ranch for a scrapbooking weekend put on by Get Creative Scrapbooking. Diane always does an amazing job. She is so organized and such a creative individual. She was working on her trip to Disneyland and needed to fit A LOT of photos from the parade but she didn’t know how to get them all in one layout until she remembered the Close To My Heart Folios.

The folio is a 12” by 12” file folder that fits in memory protectors. You can slip memorabilia inside or use it as a flip page for more scrapbooking space – like Diane did. She put the folded side of the folder along the top of her album and slipped one side of the folder in her page protector then when she flips it up, she has another 2 sides of 12" by 12" space to work with. This is definitely a great way to fit many more pictures is one layout. Good job Diane!

As for myself…what did I get done? I was pretty surprised actually. I didn’t have as much preparation time to organize my photos and supplies to pack for the retreat but I brought what I had and got so much done! I was able to finish some layouts I had created some time ago, and I started some pages from scratch and finished them. I tried to take some photos of what I did but it didn’t come out too well. The lighting at this hour isn’t great! I’ll try again and post some other time. Come back soon!

One of the projects I didn’t finish (or start) is my last trip to San Francisco. I’m not sure how I want to scrapbook that. It was the batch of photos I pulled out a few times over the weekend and would look at for a while, then put them away because I just wasn’t sure what to do. I’d work on something else, come back to it and put it away again. I’ll get around to it eventually! In the meantime, there are many other things I can work on!

No comments: